30.8.09


Have you ever wondered what your special talent is? Like, what are you supposed to do that will set you apart from all other men? The other day I was talking to a friend of mine about this and chatting about my inability of finding my "gift", and she said to me that life has a way of making you know what you're supposed to do. She told me that, one way or the other, she was always inclined to photography, and that life went on in a way that all the events formed a chain which led her to make her dream come true. Now I'm wondering...what is my dream? Well, actually, what has always been my dream? Ever since I can recall, I've liked movies and the whole idea of becoming a film director, but I've also been very into writing. Is one of those my gift? How am I supposed to know? My friend told me that I have it easy with languages, but I don't consider that a gift...it's my calling, okay. I know for a fact that English is something that I absolutely love, but it took me a lot of practice to get to where I am, and I don't consider that a gift. Can one have a thing for what they are really good at to work, and one thing in which they are really good at to live? All I know is that, ever since I was a small child, I used to sit and write stupid stories with things that I considered absolutely awesome...I would love to think of that as a gift, a special thing that makes me be 'me'...but, is it? Am I really the one to judge that? Shouldn't somebody else tell me if that's my gift or not? Because actually saying "Oh, I'm a really good writer and that's my special gift" would be really conceited of me...and I truly believe there are a lot of good writers out there, but there are also a lot of bad writers that go around saying to themselves that they are good at it. How can I know in which group I fit in? Life is complicated...even more so if you spend your afternoon reading parts of "the last lecture" by Randy Pausch and you feel as existentialist as I feel right now. Some times I really think we should come with a handbook...even if it takes half the fun away.



Side note: the photo is a photo of a French homework my boyfriend was making like two years ago...but it fitted the topic.

No hay comentarios: