22.7.09

Sometimes I reach a point where I truly get to believe I've gone mental :)

Today was a good day: I woke up at 3 pm (approximately) and I went to the Abasto with my sister and a friend...and even though I didn't get to go to Starbucks or slept through the nice, I was in a good mood. At some point, I started thinking (I know, shocking, ha?) and realized there are many things I should be really really thankful for, and for those, I am...but sometimes I don't say it aloud when I should.
It's no secret that I've had my share of bad times and bad decisions and all that..but sometimes I believe it remains like a secret the fact that I am truly grateful for having won the battle against my poor judgment.If it weren't for a couple of people, I really don't know where would I be, or if I'd be here at all. So this post goes out to everyone who helped me, whether they did it consciously or not. But that's not all. I don't want to thank my friends and family only...I want to state the fact that I am really proud of myself for turning life around like I did a couple of years ago as well...Maybe it sounds conceited, I know...but I am really happy that I got to beat things and I'm really proud of having shown to myself that I can do certain things.
This year has been a bit strange; leaving the place I had been for so long and actually facing the challenge of meeting new people has been scary, but I've found a couple of people that are quite nice -well, that's a lie...they are VERY nice- and it hasn't been so bad. In fact, it's been great. Sure, this year has had its ups and downs and there has been moments where I got lost and reaaaally scared, but for the most part, it has been a great beginning of the year.
Well...I'll stop saying nonsense and go watch TV or something...I just wanted to jot down some things and go to bed knowing that I've gotten things out of my system.
This past few days have been great, I have to admit. Nothing to complain or be sad about. Can you actually believe I am happy with how my life turned out? ME? Of all people? The girl who sat on the corner and watched everybody else live and enjoy without joining the party? The one who actually considered the idea of ending her life or hurting herself and took matters into her own hands? Shocking, right?

No hay comentarios: