9.7.09


Some times I swear I can't understand what the heck is wrong with the place i live in...how is it that the police can do nothing to prevent a drug addict-who is smoking a joint on the street- from ruining the life of a child? Maybe I live in the wrong neighborhood and, somewhere else, it is in fact different, but come on!! I wish I could understand just how their minds got so messed up in the first place...I mean, I just witnessed the police telling to a young mother that she could walk away after they were called because some one saw them smoking pot and drinking just next to the kid. I understand that people are free and that one should be able to do what one pleases...but there's certain degree where it's not so black and white and someone should step in. My mom just got shot down by two of the hot-lines you are supposed to call to if you see something like that, claiming that they can't do anything unless the woman is homeless or the kid is not hers...so I guess when I am older and have a baby, I'll take my child freely to the road and smoke a joint and be safe because supposedly I'm not doing anything wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong, but someone should do something to stop it...The police just stood by because they couldn't search the woman for being a female and, instead of actually calling a female cop to search her and make sure she was clean, they let her go...I don't know if the circumstances would be anything different if I was that cop, but I'd like to think that I'd call a police woman even if there was a lot of paperwork involved later on...
I spend my days thinking about my future and how badly I want to fight to make this place a better one...but sometimes I am taken aback by stupid people like these (and with "these", I mean the cops and the woman as well) and I wonder if there truly is hope...All I can say is that, when I grow up, I will do nothing of that sort...I dream with having a family and being happy, and I can't believe how stupid some people are and how easily they can mess it up...What amazes me the most, is that the world is filled with people, couples with a strong desire of starting a family and giving their best to be happy and to offer their kids a bright future, and the miracle of life keeps being given to stupid woman and men such as this one...Some times life is just unfair, right?
Man, I feel like hitting a wall and then continue onto the woman's face. Poor kid who has to endure that kind of parent. For those of us who complain about our parents when a fight comes to surface, just think about this and how cases like these are currently popping up like crazy...we could be a lot worse, don't you think?

No hay comentarios: